I’m usually a bit baffled.
Sometimes I’m writing, and I simply know that most of my reading audience will love this one. But then, that piece might struggle along for a couple of years before gaining any respect.
It’s hard to know what will help scratch an unknown itch. But then again, I’m usually writing under personal inspiration without polling for topics to address.
2021 has been a blessing for my family. We’ve learned and grown. And what’s best is that God has helped us teach and bring healing to many others. Such is the ministry of disciples making disciples. And the thoughts that get conveyed through this site are most often an extension of our heart to serve others.
Without further ado, here are the top 5 most-read posts that have been published on this site in 2021.
5. 6 Ways Christians Can Abuse God’s Grace – I knew this one was unique when I previewed the title on Facebook the evening before it was published. Seconds into seeing the title, one of our newest connections shared the title and disagreed. I thought it was a bit hasty to disagree before the article was even available for reading. That thought aside, I hope you’re not guilty of abusing God’s grace.
4. 5 Amazing Facts about God’s Grace – Grace has been on my mind. I’ve been on the giving and receiving end of it this year. Who am I kidding?! I’ve received way more grace than I could ever give.
3. 3 Solid Reasons Why Pastors Should Worship God – Though I’m not the captain, some days, it appears that I have a knack for pointing out the obvious and writing about it with spiritual wisdom. I mean, everyone knows and believes that pastors should worship God. Right?
2. How Many Pastors Are Doing What? – This was written out of frustration. But that doesn’t mean I was wrong. Read it for yourself and let me know what you think.
1. 5 Powerful Acts of the Holy Spirit – Prepared in conjunction with Pentecost Sunday, this piece quickly became the most popular of the year. I’m pretty sure it’s because of the topic. There seems to be a renewed hunger among many Christians to know the Holy Spirit. The most-read piece of all time on this blog is also about Him. You’ll probably enjoy it too.
Each of these top 5 most-read is linked. But it’s up to you to click the link and read. That is unless you’ve already read them all. Then who am I to tell you what to do?! Maybe you’d be so kind as to share one of these with someone else?
I’ll end this most-read of the year sharing with a little more out loud thinking. My list posts are probably the most popular because they can be read or skimmed quickly. A deep dive can be taken if you want, or you can dangle your feet in the water and then move on.
Plus, many of my readers are fellow ministers. We’re always looking for a fresh outline and a little inspiration to help us get started on the following sermon. Sometimes just a phrase or a sentence that someone else provides can be the perfect impetus for us to go into Spirit-led preparation.
BONUS – If you made it this far down, you deserve a little something extra. Enjoy these 5 Powerful Responsibilities of Christians. It’s one of my favorites of the year, and it would have been number 6 at the top of this list.