It’s an understatement to describe Father’s Day as less promoted than Mother’s Day.
But man, that’s no excuse!
Maybe you haven’t committed to attending a worship service on Father’s Day. Let me give you five reasons why you absolutely should attend church with your wife and or children.
1. You need to hear a challenging and helpful Father’s Day sermon. There’s enough negativity in popular culture about manhood. Mainstream media has done its best to emasculate the character of men. It’s time for you to hear a strong Bible message to rise up and be a godly man. Sit with your family, listen up, and worship God like a man!
2. You can make a profound picture memory with your family. Many churches will have a specially crafted photo background set up for pictures to be taken. Take a picture and make a lasting memory. Even if your church doesn’t have a specially marked spot, find a nice spot and take one anyway. If you don’t like taking pictures, man up and do it anyway because someone in your family loves them.
3. You need to be there because someone has prayed for you. Yes. Someone loves you so much that they have prayed for you to be in the worship service and hear the Gospel. Whether you’ve never been or if it has been years, your attendance will be an answer to someone’s prayer. So be a man and go to church. Better yet, respond to the invitation and commit your life to Christ. That’s the first step to becoming the real man that God wants you to be.
4. You can be an example and teach your kids to love the church. Perhaps you already appreciate the church because of your heritage. Your respect for the church and the pastor will not really impact your children. Your example is the only way you can really teach your kids to worship Christ and love the church. So get off the fence and let Father’s Day be the beginning of the godly legacy you’ll leave behind.
5. You can get it right, and your whole family will win. The recently deceased Jeff Kisiah said, “when men get it right, everybody wins!” Here’s what I know from Promise Keepers, the writings of David Murrow, and my own ministry observations. Over 90% of the time, if a man commits to Christ and His Church, his wife and children are soon to follow. Even if they seem hesitant, they will eventually follow your example. Man, it’s time for you to get it right and lead your whole family to Heaven.
Grab a hold of this guidance from Proverbs 20.
Many a man proclaims his own loyalty and goodness,Proverbs 20:6-7, the Amplified Bible
But who can find a faithful and trustworthy man?
The righteous man who walks in integrity and lives life in accord with his [godly] beliefs—
How blessed [happy and spiritually secure] are his children after him [who have his example to follow].
Listen up man! It’s time for you to step up and become the committed spiritual man that your family needs. If you don’t already have a church home, it’s time to find one. God has a Bible-believing, Jesus-loving, place of worship where He wants you to be an active part of His Kingdom’s agenda to change the world.