Over the last few months, an increase has taken place in the number of subscribers. Especially since the beginning of the year, the daily views are doubling.
So with the circle expanding and the traffic increasing, I thought it would be a good idea to spend this week’s writing space helping you get better acquainted by sharing six little-known thoughts about me and this blog. Whether you have been reading along since nearly the beginning or if you’ve recently joined, welcome on board. Thank you for spending a few minutes each week with me.
1. Basically, I’m a pastor that’s always looking to help others. Wherever you are in your life’s journey, I want to help you become better. I know, that you know, that we all need people in our lives that will encourage and instruct us on how to be the best possible person that God created us to be. I hope I can be such a voice in your life.
2. As a fully funded vocational minister, I have the privilege of being able to start most days of the week with extended devotional time. This time includes Bible reading, thinking, praying, and some writing. Then and there is where most of my insights begin that I share in blog form.
3. Even though I’ve been a preacher since 1994, I didn’t consider writing as one of my ministry gifts until 2011. Out of necessity, I began to develop and hone my eyes for editing and writing. And because I also serve as the editor of my organization’s official quarterly magazine, I’ve learned a few things about graphic design and layout.
4. In the latter half of 2015, I began to think about blogging and prayed about it. Eventually, I began to sense it was the will of God to start this site. Immediately, I derived great pleasure in creating content. Unexpectedly, I found cathartic value in writing and helping others through the written word.
5. Website maintenance and blogging were not in my toolbox of skills, so this has been a learning adventure. WordPress has made it somewhat of a natural process. By nature, I’m a questioner and thereby a constant learner. If I get intrigued enough, my passion can cause me to learn everything I need to gain a working knowledge of any subject.
6. While I wouldn’t describe myself as a jack of all trades, I can confess that I am a master of none. My background with its diversity of life experiences has caused me to know a little about a lot of different things. I’m glad to know that I’m not a one-dimensional preacher that can’t relate to others.
What about you? Why don’t you comment below and tell me more about you?
How did we connect and what brought you to read this blog?
If you are a blogger, how was your blog born?